GAMBIA FAST FACTS
* Data last updated October 2017
oral health in gambia
To raise awareness of oral hygiene and inspire fellow dentists to volunteer and make a difference wherever it may be.
Distributed over 1000 toothbrushes to schools across Gambia.
Hussein has been involved with this charity for over 10 years and has successfully helped to develop schools, clean water projects and self sustainable communities.
- GamLeicester Charity – Senior Board Member and Media Relations
- Acknowledgement and receiving an invite from the President of Gambia to the state house emphasises my on-going commitment in helping others.
- I have aided thousands of individuals through my passion and dedication for charity work over the past 10 years stemming by being a vital member of a charity organisation working in Gambia.
- Setting up several long term humanitarian projects such as clean water schemes, poverty relief, health clinics, building 6 schools and a medical centre; I have developed skills that are transferable to my dental career such as commitment and excellent time management.
- Conversing with a diverse range of people from many walks of life has enabled me to gain experience of society beyond my own immediate environment.
- Taking responsibility and using my own initiative in the development of self-sustaining projects has allowed the charity to grow
“To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.”
― Abraham Lincoln
a visual story
GALLERY & WORK
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY TIME IN GAMBIA ON MY BLOG